What is Sandbell®?
Sandbell® is essentially a disc shaped sandbag made from neoprene weighing from 2 pounds up to 50 pounds.
What are the benefits of Sandbell® exercises?
The answer to that question is in two parts. The first part is related to benefits of sandbag exercises and the second is the benefits of a disk shaped sandbag.
In sandbag exercises you are dealing with unpredictable shifting weights. Your motions in solid free weights like dumbbells and kettlebells follow a predictable path. A dumbbell overhead press and a kettlebell snatch have specific forms. As you move these solid weights, their shape and their center of gravity does not change.
Sandbags, assuming that you have not overstuffed them or put sand log shaped cylinders in them, are anything but predictable. In a sandbag overhead press or snatch, the sand shifts and the center of gravity changes without warming and you have to adapt fast within the motion to complete it.
That constant shifting and your response to it engages your muscles in a completely different way that simulates life more closely than solid weight.
The disk shape sand bags like of a Sandbell® engages your grip much more effectively than the handles of a sandbag. The lighter weights and the neoprene material lends itself to sandbell exercises like slams, throws an catches like no other exercise equipment.
Sandbell workouts also offer an element of fun through the incredible variety of exercises you can perform that fits most age groups and fitness conditions.
Hyperwear SandBell Features
- Available 2lbs, 4lbs, 6lbs, 8lbs, 10lbs, 12lbs, 15lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs and 50lbs.
- Neoprene cover is stretchy and leak proof. It empties easy for travelling if needed and the optional funnel make the refilling easy.
- The dynamic shifts forces your to recruit more muscle fibers which translates to more caloric burns during workouts.
- They are softer and safer than metal dumbbells or kettelbells on your body and on your floor.
- You can perform most of the exercises you can do with slam balls, kettlebells, medicine balls or dumbbells.